Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh top end, was running great, and now it will hit about 7000 and that's it, not as snappy as it should be, sputters off the line. When boon docking it bogs down to about 6000 and then takes awhile to get going again. I checked rave valve and plugs. Carbs maybe?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Does the engine sputter or it it just slow off the line? First thought would be Clutch springs as already stated. How is the belt adjustment?

If it is the motor sputtering, Might want to check you spark plug caps too. I had a similar issue and turned out to be bad contact between the spark plug and cap.

Also make sure your getting good fuel.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Put fresh primary and secondary springs in it. Inspect all clutch wear parts, pins, rollers, bushings. Then run it, if that doesn't fix it then we can move to the carbs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sure. One breaks or sacks out, roller goes bad. Either way, if you just rebuilt the top end why wouldn't you go through your clutches to make sure they are performing properly? Motor can make 200hp, but if the clutches don't get it to the track it's pointless. Eliminate variables one at a time, can it get expensive....yup. Welcome to owning a race sled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up being a fuel line half off on my carb. And some exhaust bolts loose on one cylinder. I have another question. I have the factory twin pipes on the sled and the can for it is cracked right up. Should I just get it welded or do you think there's a replacement for them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts