1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Item: 2004 2nd edition Ski-Doo Elite
Category: Sled
Year: 2004 2nd Edition
Price: $20,000.00

Please check out a full detailed review of everything this Elite has in the Elite forum in the Elite for sale post on page 10 and pm me . My user name is Preacher

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
Here's a little help for ya... link to post -- > http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/476621-elites-for-sale/page-10#entry5664497

"I have a 2004 2nd edition( mistakenly called 2005) that is absolutely mint. It has 607 pampered miles on it. It has the Bimini top. I have owned 2 of these machines and I know I will miss it but my wife slipped a disc and she can not ride anymore. There are 4 issues that can come up with Elites and I have addressed them all. 1) they run hot and if left unresolved you can burn up the cowl and experience shut downs. Solution is to add an additional fan the draws cold air in and pushes hot air out. It is manually turned on so when you are in ideal conditions you can leave it off. This was installed at the dealership at the time of purchase. Works great and this Elite never ran hot as to have the computer kick it off to protect from overheating. 2) the stock skis are woefully inadequate . solution is to install 6.9 Pilots. What a difference ( shame on you BRP they should have been stock) much better flotation and much better handling. It turns like a dream. Riders are amazed at how good it does handle. 3) the kill switch was a problem that year. It is the same one that was on the 04 revs and you can ask those guys the headaches these switches caused. Now some people did not have Ed theirs go bad but both my Elites had intermittent problems where the sled would just shut off for no reason. My Ski-doo dealer finally solved this issue on my first Elite so when I bought my 2nd edition Elite I had him by pass the kill switch. You really do not need the kill switch since the ignition is just like an automobile and is easily shut off if you need to,but you can not just cut the wire to the switch because you need the ground to that switch to still be active so he by passed the power wire and maintained the ground .4) you can not turn this beast on a plowed parking lot at a gas station or if you are loading up your trailer or moving the Elite in your garage. No way no how. It is a pain in the butt to get out and try to yank it around to put it where you need it to go so theSolution is to install the Retrax wheel system. If you go to their Facebook page or the web site you will see one in action . I have the automatic Retrax system that allows you to stay in the cab and flip the switch and the wheels retract down and you can drive it with ease and when you are getting of the pavement you hit the switch and the wheels retract back up. This is a must. You do not need to get out and manually retract these wheels . I don't really want to put it on EBay so I will offer it here first . I have meticulously maintained this machine and it only has been transported in an enclosed trailer. I do not believe you will find one in this condition and with these essential upgrades anywhere in the U.S. or Canada . I would be willing to deliver it myself and provide a very thorough orientation for the buyer for some additional cost based on mileage if you would like. I would sell the Elite for $ 20,000.00 US dollars . If you are interested I will certainly provide pictures and even a video walk around for you. My Elite is registered in Maine because we do not have trails in my home state and therefor we do not get a title. I have proof of purchase and that was all I needed to register it in Maine . If you need a registration from my state I will register it in my state before I sell the sled to you. Please check with your state or province and find out what is required ."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts