Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just picked up my 5th tundra and the newest. Its a 2003 tundra in mint shape and therefore i am looking for electric start to put on it. I checked the microfiche on the Ski-Doo website and they dont show any signs of electric start for any years on there.

I assume they had to make an electric start model at one time. Can anybody help?

Clayton

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well i just picked up my 5th tundra and the newest. Its a 2003 tundra in mint shape and therefore i am looking for electric start to put on it. I checked the microfiche on the Ski-Doo website and they dont show any signs of electric start for any years on there.

I assume they had to make an electric start model at one time. Can anybody help?

Clayton
You need electric start on that? I dont think there was such an option. Is that the one that was for sale in hinton??

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
No E start option for the Tundra II , but I wouldn't be surprised if you could do it with a Citation 3500 ( 2nd generation ) or a 250 Citation (3rd generation/Tundra 1) power pack but you would sacrifice RER if you have it and have to accept points ignition with the 3500 motor unless it could be converted .

I doubt it's worth the effort if this is a real nice sled .

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it was the Tundra from Hinton Why do you ask?

And ya i had thought about the older 250 electric start but i am not going to that much work i just wanted electric start for the girlfriend as its going to be her tundra. I'll just have to make this one easier to start then the others. Not a big deal. Thanks

Clayton

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Ah yes , the yellow Tundra in my Avatar is my wifes , it was repowered with an E-start 250 from a Citation .It gets the kids home when it stalls and I'm not around too .

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
So if I understand this it appears that e start on 1993-2005 tundra II is not an aftermarket option? Or if it is you loose RER? Looking to pick up one of there tundras but all the ones i called on are pull start only.
Mario , none of the parts fiches go back to the Citation 3500 , which I'm pretty certain would be the only route to E start on the Tundra II motor since they are both 277s . You should PM Doh , he spends a lot of time on the vintage forum and has vast knowledge of this era , gleaned from work as a mechanic at a Ski Doo dealership .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.