Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Summit Adrenaline 600 HO with manual start and RER. I has about 4,000 miles on it and I've only owned it for 6 weeks. I'm looking for any help in testing my stator. I've read countless posts on this forum and watched many youtube videos. I'm fairly mechanically inclined so the process seems pretty straight forward, however it's not making any sense.

The sled suddenly quit working about 8 miles from the end of a 55 mile trail ride. It had no spark so I had to tow it back to the trailhead. Thanks to this forum, I ruled out the DESS, kill switch, plugs, and coil, I unplugged the stator at the regulator and tested it. This stator has 2 yellow wires and 1 green wire. There is no resistance (closed circuit) between the wires when testing with my multimeter and no voltage when pulling on the manual starter cord. According to everything I've read, it's the stator. I bought and installed a new aftermarket stator and same issue - no spark. Tested it with multimeter and same results - no resistance and no voltage. Thinking it's a defective stator, I ordered another after market one and tested it before installing it and same results. Found a used OEM one on ebay along with ignition and trigger coils. That one arrived this week and tested the exact same - no resistance. Installed it anyway and still no spark or voltage coming out of the yellow, yellow and green wires.

I can believe that the original one went bad and the new aftermarket one was defective, but 4 of them are bad? I have a used MPEM with tether cord on the way and unfortunately don't have access to another sled to pull parts out to test in mine.

Any ideas? Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong in my testing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

It turns out the MPEM was bad. Put in another one and it now has spark and runs. I'm glad to get it running again.

·
Registered
27,762 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

With no resistance and all stators measuring the same, I suspect you meant an open circuit. For the no voltage readings between each pair, I suspect it was being measured with the multimeter on the DC setting. I am glad you got it worked worked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts