Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 summit 700, I have the hanging idle issue. I have the carbs cleaned and set, checked for leaks around the boots and crank seal, and I am assuming now that I need to change pilot jet sizes.

I have the stock pilot jets, and I was hoping someone could verify for me which size of pilot jets I should try first to resolve this issue.

I believe I have the stock 17.5 in there now.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
20's are the next size up and should help with your issue. 1.5 turns out on the fuel screws and go from there. Lots of high idle issues with flat slide carbs are caused by worn slides and linkages, so the bigger pilots are sort of a bandaid fix but it works.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, thats what I had figured for a size as well, I just wanted to make sure.

Ive tried looking before, but havent found any valid info. Can anything really be done about the worn slides and linkages?

Im almost thinking just take my chances with a used set of carbs, but then again how long till those do the same thing?!

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Couple guys in the rev forum have had the slides chrome plated to bring them back up to size. The links and small springs in the top of the carbs can be replaced, but if the shafts on the slides and linkages are worn, that can cause issues also. member "DOO_TINT" was experimenting with a custom made set of links that would allow them to ride on an unworn part of the shaft. I agree a used set of carbs could be a crap shoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts