Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 600HO Renegade and the motor let go approximately 2-15-04 (870miles) and I was told that it was "bad gas". There was no charge for parts, but I paid $170.00 for labor. This past Thursday the machine was taken in and the carbs were cleaned and machine checked. Yesterday (Saturday), my 4 yr. old and I rode approximately 50 "easy" miles (a total of 970 miles on machine). The machine had not "acted" normally since the first 04 problem. (Hard to start, idle low, and no top end). During our ride, I experienced a sudden total loss of power and shut the machine down. I removed the plugs to find a second meltodown confirmed. A wonder to me is that my wife has a 2003 Grand Touring 500 and we have always put the same gas, rode the same trails, etc. and we have never had a single problem with it!! Is there anyone out there who has experienced similar issues or has a knowledge of a reasonable solution to this meltdown problem. I absolutely DO NOT want to keep having these issues, especially with my little girl along. We were very lucky to meltdown close to a road and in very good weather conditions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jeuzz, sorry to hear of your woes.

I have the same machine and am at almost 8000 miles total now..

I've had the pistons changed once on warrenty, because of low compression.

Could be numerous things, but if you're dealer had fixed the machine within the last week or so and it still have probs, then perhaps you need a different mechanic !!

Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey, I have a Summit 600 H.O. also, 300 - 400kms, carried back to dealer & turned out piston & rings was gone, got that fixed & put 300kms on it, carried up to dealer turns out the motor is gone again, the same piston & rings that was replaced. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this??

·
Registered
269 Posts
symptons sound like one cylinder is not running right. not real familiar with that motor but what would i check?

all air bled from cooling system, at cylinder head
thermostat working ok
carbs synchronized pretty close
carb main jets for cleanliness and proper size according to manual
carb slide needles set correct and same setting.
oil injection feed to both pistons
reeds.
water in fuel,causing an iced fuel line to one carb

if the meltdown is on the same side, ask yourself what is different from the good cylinder compared to the bad one. if they have 2oil,proper fuel,and coolant around the cylinder...you would have no problem. one of those three things is WAY off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts