Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

2003 Skandic Starting Issue

919 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SWTMan#13 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Skandic 500F, I primarily use it for grooming trails a few times a year. At the start of last year my battery went bad so I replaced it and it still would not start with the starter (pull started fine). I checked the starter and it did not seem to be getting power, so this week I finally got around to replacing the starter.

Still nothing. When the key is turned to start it is getting 12 volts to the starter and absolutely nothing happens. No clicks, no movement, no sound. It still pull starts fine.

Any thoughts on how to get the ignition working? Thanks

#2 ·
Since you know your starter is good, I am assuming and don't rely on, it's new, bench test it to make sure.

You need to go to your ignition switch and with a test light make sure your connections are powered and the when you turn the key to the start position one of the tabs should light up showing that you have power to the starter. Then go to the starter motor solonois wire and see if it lights up on the ignition start position and if it does not you will need to look at the color code of that wire and trace it to the starter solonoid to see if there are any breaks.

Straight Forward. I do know that I occasionaly need to tap my starter to get it to engage too.

Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.