Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Picked up 2003 800 rev brand new, had my first ride last night around the local trails in Greenville, NY. Only about 4-5" of snow but figured what the heck.

The Good: Awesome Power, very snappy. Suspension is soooo plush. Machine is the best I've every ridden in the rough stuff. Did a few 5-6 feet jumps and it just lands so nice.

The Bad: SLED does not turn in the powder. No problem if trail is groomed and pushed down, but what a bear to turn in the powder. It just pushes the whole way.
That could be me getting used to it. I still have the stock skis and dual 4" carbides,
144 studs. Definately have to increase the carbide to dual 6".

THE BEST: Usually my buddy kills me with his poo 500 on the turny trails, not last night. I was waiting for him almost every time. He was trying so hard he crashed into a water hole and had a hart time getting out. (I walked right thru it)

Can't wait for the big bumps! I rode his poo for 5 minutes so he could try the rev and he fell in love instantly. I couldn't wait to get off the poo!

Coming off a 1997 polaris 700 triple, I'm loving the REV so far!

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
Good stuff. Get some Powder Pro's and eliminate that pushing!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much do those powder pros run?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also coming off a 99 mxz 670, what a difference in suspension!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.