Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK this is what hapened.....Cord came out of visor plug, Touched the tunnel and blew a fuse. I had no back up but had to get home so i rapped the fuse with ciigerette tin foil, It came out again and this time burn't the tin foil. I replaced the fuse when i got home, the next weekend while i was ridding i noticed that the backlit swithches for the thunb/grip warmers where not working. Then the high/low beam switch doesn't do anything anylonger.
After riding for a while the battery went dead and electric start did not work. Gauges are not accurate, and headlights are very dim.
I bought a new acc relay put it in and that did not make a differeence. Before i purchase any more parts i thought i would throw this out to the world and see if anybody has any ideas.....
I'm still trying to figure this problem out as we speak......I forgot to mention that i did have a low beam out when my problems started to happen, i was just in the shop still trouble shooting and i put a new bulb in and now my high beam/low beam swithch is working as well as the backlit for my thumb/handgrips......Is it possible that this was my problem?
Oh ya would anybody have wiring diagrams for this 2003 Rev 600 HO Bond edition?
Please help....
Steve

Well????????

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, a guy i know had the same thing happen to him on a new 2006 mach. It blew a fuse. He replaced it and everything works fine. You are saying that you put a new fuse in and it still does not work? You may have fried something when you used the tin foil or maybe when the conector hit. When it comes to elec. parts i have seen things test fine and still be bad so, looks like you elimatied one thing, i would go on to the next.

Your telling me that what ever the problem is it up front in the elec. system because it's not just one thing not working it most of them. Which makes me think of a voltage regulator or a stator. Replace all the fuses just to make sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revegade man said:
Yeah, a guy i know had the same thing happen to him on a new 2006 mach. It blew a fuse. He replaced it and everything works fine. You are saying that you put a new fuse in and it still does not work? You may have fried something when you used the tin foil or maybe when the conector hit. When it comes to elec. parts i have seen things test fine and still be bad so, looks like you elimatied one thing, i would go on to the next.

Your telling me that what ever the problem is it up front in the elec. system because it's not just one thing not working it most of them. Which makes me think of a voltage regulator or a stator. Replace all the fuses just to make sure.
[snapback]688948[/snapback]​
Is there a way of checking the voltage regulator and or stator?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bond007 said:
OK this is what hapened.....Cord came out of visor plug, Touched the tunnel and blew a fuse. I had no back up but had to get home so i rapped the fuse with ciigerette tin foil, It came out again and this time burn't the tin foil. I replaced the fuse when i got home, the next weekend while i was ridding i noticed that the backlit swithches for the thunb/grip warmers where not working. Then the high/low beam switch doesn't do anything anylonger.
After riding for a while the battery went dead and electric start did not work. Gauges are not accurate, and headlights are very dim.
I bought a new acc relay put it in and that did not make a differeence. Before i purchase any more parts i thought i would throw this out to the world and see if anybody has any ideas.....
I'm still trying to figure this problem out as we speak......I forgot to mention that i did have a low beam out when my problems started to happen, i was just in the shop still trouble shooting and i put a new bulb in and now my high beam/low beam swithch is working as well as the backlit for my thumb/handgrips......Is it possible that this was my problem?
Please help....
Steve

Well????????
[snapback]688831[/snapback]​
Ok figured it out.........Replaced all fuses and relays.....No luck
"edit for bad language" off so i put the sled back together to take to dealer. Realized i had a blown low beam so i replaced that too, Did that and all my problems went away, it must have been shorting out inside the filament....
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bond007 said:
Bond007 said:
Please help....
Steve

Well????????
[snapback]688831[/snapback]​
Ok figured it out.........Replaced all fuses and relays.....No luck
"edit for bad language" off so i put the sled back together to take to dealer. Realized i had a blown low beam so i replaced that too, Did that and all my problems went away, it must have been shorting out inside the filament....
Thanks Steve
[snapback]717514[/snapback]​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.