Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

2003 rev 800 sport

429 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  corvetteatv7
I HAVE 2 BAD PLUG CAP . CAN YOU JUST CHANGE THE ENDS OR DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE COIL
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
you can absolutely just change the caps the ones I have used screw into the wire with a threaded post in the cap and work well in my experience.
05GSXRIDER said:
you can absolutely just change the caps the ones I have used screw into the wire with a threaded post in the cap and work well in my experience.
[snapback]916477[/snapback]​
As mentioned above, also use some silicone to seal the wire where it goes into the new spark plug cap, Helps keep moisture from working its way into the cap.
Also your plugs wires just plug into the coil and are held in with little clips. They have like a brass or gold end, in the end of the plug wire that goes over a little needle type deal. this can be very tricky if you don't get the old brass or gold end off the needle. Its supposed to come out with the wire but when i was broke down on the trail and it was my first time out with my rev, i didn't know this and it was a pain in the a**.
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.