Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 02 legend 600 lc. The headlights have been intermittently working for some time now. Now they have quit completely. I thought I found a bad connection at the wiring connector under the hood near the left hood hinge. sometimes I could wiggle that connector and they would work. Not any more. dash lights and gauges all work.I checked all fuses and swaped both relays(above batt.)with a known good one and still no luck. Are there any other relays or fuses I'm missing? The only wire with power to it (going towards the headlights) is the red wire. Sure seems like I should have more than that. Any ideas? Where could I get a wiring diagram if needed? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
If all other lights and gauges are functioning properly then v-reg and stator are not suspect.

Gotta' go back to that connector you mentioned. Disconnect, inspect for melting, ensure all wire terminals are seated correctly in the plastic housing, clean with contact cleaner, lube with dielectric grease, reconnect.

No workie? Then a wire is likely chafed through in that very same location.

Of course, the bulb might be burned out as well but that would be too easy.

Good list of manuals there. Thx Tahq.

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
There's a relay by your battery . Change that relay your lights will work . You can rather buy a 50$ relay from skidoo or buy a,30 amp 5 post relay from a auto parts store for 5$ .

Sent from my HTC One S

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
I dident read your whole post .if your gauges are working its not that . Check for power at your headlight and at your plug by your hood hinge . I would think you have a bad wire somewhere if u swapped relays

Sent from my HTC One S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your input guys. Checked everything you mentioned,couldn't find anything wrong.Decided to start from scratch. owners manual said 20amp fuse controls headlights only.Already checked them once,but said what the heck try it again. As soon as I probed that fuse with my test light the headlights came on. Are you kiddin me? I pulled out the fuse and found one of the blades had melted off and was stuck in the fuse holder. Could explain the intermittent prob.Still don't know what the connector by the hood hinge had to do with it.Now I have power to the large gray wire at that connector. Cleaned the fuse holder,a dab of die-electric, put in new fuse and I'm ready to ride. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts