Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was warming up my sled sunday morning then started to spin the track
to warm it up, Heard a knocking so I stoped it.

The weird thing is compression is exactly 123 on both
there is no play in the clutch .

have not taken it apart yet but was wondering if this has happen to anyone
only 4500 km.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
neversatisfied said:
Was warming up my sled sunday morning then started to spin the track
to warm it up, Heard a knocking so I stoped it.

The weird thing is compression is exactly 123 on both
there is no play in the clutch .

have not taken it apart yet but was wondering if this has happen to anyone
only 4500 km.

[snapback]713986[/snapback]​
Chain case ok?

Drivers?

Belt?

Go through evrything. Is it making the knocking at idle too?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked all that
it knocks on idle
then sort of goes away and comes back strong

I heard that the pistons have some kind of silicone one them and if
it comes off can cause knocking

I was thinking maybe a Riss pin came out

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
neversatisfied said:
checked all that
it knocks on idle
then sort of goes away and comes back strong

I heard that the pistons have some kind of silicone one them and if
it comes off can cause knocking

I was thinking maybe a Riss pin came out
[snapback]714019[/snapback]​
That's not good
, it must be something internally in the engine. You better break it down and take a look inside or bring it in to have someone look inside her.
-Good luck

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had a similar situation this weekend with my Blair. I pulled a plug and found the tip bent over touching the electrode and metal jammed down inside the plug. Took it home and found more tiny pieces of metal on top of the piston with the piston edge beat up a little. It's at the dealer as I speak getting checked out. I am hoping for good news that it is only the top end; ie. broken ring. Funny thing is only 500 miles ago I had it reringed paid for by ski-doo with open mod rings. Good ole ski-doo with their quality engines in the revs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
bmr7c said:
I had a similar situation this weekend with my Blair. I pulled a plug and found the tip bent over touching the electrode and metal jammed down inside the plug. Took it home and found more tiny pieces of metal on top of the piston with the piston edge beat up a little. It's at the dealer as I speak getting checked out. I am hoping for good news that it is only the top end; ie. broken ring. Funny thing is only 500 miles ago I had it reringed paid for by ski-doo with open mod rings. Good ole ski-doo with their quality engines in the revs.
[snapback]717857[/snapback]​
Tell ur dealer to look and see if the locating pin for the rings is still in the piston(the pin stops the rings from spinning around the piston) if its gone thats what mared up ur piston. It happenes from detonation in the cylinder, its the first place that gets attaced.............. If thats what it is tell ur dealer to use a 6 hole base gasket and that should take care of the detonation problam..................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.