Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 2002 MXZ 800 from a guy that needs a motor--says the rod went trough the side of the case.
Anyone know where i would look for a motor and what years will fix this machine? I can pick it up the sled for $1000

Thanks

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Also, I have a set of 700 cases, that I BELIEVE are the same as an 800. I am not 100 positive, but I think since both motors are "big blocks", all the 800 internals will fit and bolt on. If you can confirm that, or if someone else can confirm, I have a perfect set of cases for you.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for the info. Better try to get a better deal on the sled the $1000 huh?
Yes, last year I bought a 2001 MXZ800 that I parted out, needed motor. Paid $400.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
700 cases are different and i agree with the others, It would be easy to get another $1000 into the engine, more if you needed to pay for any labor. Its $500 sled!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You can make 600 ho and 700 cases work but need to machine them for cylinders. Now not sure on oil pump for the three never checked part #s

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
You can make 600 ho and 700 cases work but need to machine them for cylinders. Now not sure on oil pump for the three never checked part #s
This is correct a little die gringing will get the linners into the top of the cases and the 800 crank willl drop right in .. one thing that should be noted is skidoo changed the bearing arrange ment on the 800 skidoo crank 4 times from 200 to 2004 so if you get a crank that is not the same year as the case you would have to use the bearing locator rings that match the case on your crank.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yeah cranks are matched yr to yr for cases even 600 ho did that goofy little changes

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
skessnowmobileparts.com they are in Proctor up by Duluth
Try Sledhead racing .com ask if Big John has anything used forsale. 612 718 3861 St. Francis, Mn
there are many more salvage yards right here in Minn. watch the classifieds in Dootalk, John Dee.com and HCS.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts