Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I come to you for help. I need help in finding a mechanical reverse kit for a 2002 mxz 700. Does anyone know of someone selling this or a store online that they'd recommend?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts

·
2nd Whore in command
102,271 Posts
Hey Guys,

I come to you for help. I need help in finding a mechanical reverse kit for a 2002 mxz 700. Does anyone know of someone selling this or a store online that they'd recommend?
Why would you want mechanical reverse when RER electronic reverse was an option on your sled?

I would look for the RER parts and go that route myself.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Why would you want mechanical reverse when RER electronic reverse was an option on your sled?

I would look for the RER parts and go that route myself.
Honestly I would probably take mechanical over the rer. I liked the mechanical reverse better from my old sled. Just the way it works. Personal preference only maybe?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
439 Posts
Keep your eye on kijiji, these forums, and ebay.ca. They pop up from time to time. When I looked for sled parts (I live in Saskatchewan) before, I just kept on checking all those, and managed to find stuff. I found these forums pretty good, for the most part.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep your eye on kijiji, these forums, and ebay.ca. They pop up from time to time. When I looked for sled parts (I live in Saskatchewan) before, I just kept on checking all those, and managed to find stuff. I found these forums pretty good, for the most part.
Thanks, I am on Kijiji now looking in all of Ontario, lol. I'm going to expand to all of Canada soon with hopes the seller would ship it :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found a guy... Sean from Keswick and another guy in Ottawa. Sean from Keswick, ON has a TON of parts for my sled and others like it

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't think adding RER was that difficult. Pull flywheel, tap 2 holes, install dual trigger coils, install RER flywheel, add a momentary push button and swap out MPEM.
What would you gain with RER over mechanical? Mechanicals seem pretty easy to install and cheap too.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nothing I guess. a little weight. I just did the RER because it was easier to source then a mechanical set up. I forgot to mention in the previous post that you need an RER secondary too. Formula clutch won't be happy with RER, I was using a Team TSS-04 so I didn't need the HPV secondary. RER will go faster in reverse;) Lol

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nothing I guess. a little weight. I just did the RER because it was easier to source then a mechanical set up. I forgot to mention in the previous post that you need an RER secondary too. Formula clutch won't be happy with RER, I was using a Team TSS-04 so I didn't need the HPV secondary. RER will go faster in reverse;) Lol
Ah I see, that sounds like a lot more $$$ in parts for the sake of a few pounds. The chain case gets swapped out with a different one and a handle gets added, i guess that would add about 3 pounds in total.

·
Registered
996 Posts
With out a doubt it could be more expensive. Just saying that it isn't that difficult to do. When I wanted to add reverse to my 02 MXZ700x I looked at all options, found 2 mechanical set-ups and both were asking $350 for them. I found a fellow Dootalker parting out a 02 Renegade 700 with DPM and RER, perfect! Gave him $200 for all the stuff I needed. It took 2 months to get the package but it showed up. The DPM RER MPEM is the hardest part to find, only 1 year they were used before they switched to the 360w stator. If you can get a mechanical set up reasonable go that route.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With out a doubt it could be more expensive. Just saying that it isn't that difficult to do. When I wanted to add reverse to my 02 MXZ700x I looked at all options, found 2 mechanical set-ups and both were asking $350 for them. I found a fellow Dootalker parting out a 02 Renegade 700 with DPM and RER, perfect! Gave him $200 for all the stuff I needed. It took 2 months to get the package but it showed up. The DPM RER MPEM is the hardest part to find, only 1 year they were used before they switched to the 360w stator. If you can get a mechanical set up reasonable go that route.
Ah I see, yea at this point I can get a mint mechanical reverse with everything I need shipped to my door by end of next week for $300, sounds like the best bet for me :)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
What would you gain with RER over mechanical? Mechanicals seem pretty easy to install and cheap too.
I went with RER because it was actually cheaper then mechanical. I don't think the guy at the salvage yard knew how much more RER was worth then the mechanical.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts