Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting rid of my 2002 mxzx 440 LC and possibly going to a 2002 mxz 600 adrenaline... i love the 440 but i cant get her dialed in right and the gas that thing takes is horrible for the riding i do... the 02 600 has the RER, it has 4000 mis., looks like an inch track with no studs in good condition, and it is red, with yellow accents... the sled was brought from the dealer its at now brand new, and has been serviced by this dealer who is very good and is a former ski-doo engineer... hes asking $3700, and im taking my sled up tomaroe to see what trde in on mine is...

i was just wondering how these engines were, and i know the chassis is bulletproof, also what kind of mpg's to expect out of it...

thanks for your help...

ben

·
Registered
45 Posts
ben9 said:
im getting rid of my 2002 mxzx 440 LC and possibly going to a 2002 mxz 600 adrenaline... i love the 440 but i cant get her dialed in right and the gas that thing takes is horrible for the riding i do... the 02 600 has the RER, it has 4000 mis., looks like an inch track with no studs in good condition, and it is red, with yellow accents... the sled was brought from the dealer its at now brand new, and has been serviced by this dealer who is very good and is a former ski-doo engineer... hes asking $3700, and im taking my sled up tomaroe to see what trde in on mine is...

i was just wondering how these engines were, and i know the chassis is bulletproof, also what kind of mpg's to expect out of it...

thanks for your help...

ben
[snapback]313215[/snapback]​
here is a bump for you..
planning on selling mine later..
just courious

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, i dont know much about them never owned one. But personally i would look around more. First off if you take yours to the dealer to see what it is worth they wont give you nothing for it. But anyways i see the sled you are looking at is at a dealer, that is ok but you know it will cost you more than buying it from a private party right? To me it seems kinda high priced for a sled with 4K miles. I would look around a bit i am sure you could find another similar sled for another couple hundrad with alot less miles. For example my buddy just sold a 2002 arctic cat zl500 with electric start and reverse, was a special spring edition paint for only $2500. I would have bought it if it was a ski-doo. But like i said look around and see what you can find before you commit yourself to the one at the dealership.
mark

·
Elite Member
845 Posts
my 02 600 is a sport and I got it two years ago with 1000 miles for $4000. I think the dealer wants a little much even if it is an adren. addition. You can expect about 10 mpg.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2002 MxZ 800 Sport, Yellow, Going to be 2000 miles this weekend.

Black Skidplate, 144 Woodys studs, Plastic Yellow Backers, New Cobra Yellow Windshield, Handlebar Hooks, FAST Sled, Very Clean, I would take $3700 or maybe a little less. I'm in college I need the money. The sled gets about 9-10 miles a gallon.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wouldnt trust the Nada values. WHen i looked at them when putting my 96 ram 1500 extended cab/long bed/ 5.9L/ tow package ect with 90,000miles it said my high retail would be $9,000, average would be $8200, and low retail would be $7000. And i only got $5200 out of it. Truck was in excellent shape, one of the best looking 96's out there lots of add on aftermarket parts. And after looking in auto trader they were only going from 5-6K so much for the nada blue book value.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
ben9 said:

thanks for your help...

ben
[snapback]313215[/snapback]​
I have an 02 with 3500 miles on it. The only thing that it has been to the dealer for is a brake switch. The adrenaline package in 02 gave you rebuildable shocks, DPM and optional RER reverse. My compression on both cylinders is exactly where it should be. At around 4000 miles I would at least want to know if those are the original pistons/rings. I would check just to see if there is any flaking on the rings via the rave valves or the exhaust. If they are flaking, use it to get a new set of pistons/rings in. Then your good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts