Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 02 machz all stock except went to a 45 pilot and a exhaust can likes to eat a plug now and then so can i run a br8es in there safely or not it had br9es or give me some ideas here i like champion my self but dont want to go to hot do i need 8's or 9's and a es or a ecs or a bp9es or what let me know any idea i did lean pump down to no much help i also switched to amsoil now and have not ridden it had skidoo oil in it seemed to smoke alot give me good ideas here guys

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I just sold my 02 mach and it had over 9000km and never fouled a plug.I ran champion RN2C plugs.I also had the timing advanced 2 degrees.This sled worked flawless for the three years I ran it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joker said:
I just sold my 02 mach and it had over 9000km and never fouled a plug.I ran champion RN2C plugs.I also had the timing advanced 2 degrees.This sled worked flawless for the three years I ran it.
[snapback]309794[/snapback]​
how did you advance the timing i thought the stator plate was fixed or do did you have the cdi reprogramed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
dwiedle said:
got a 02 machz all stock except went to a 45 pilot and a exhaust can likes to eat a plug now and then so can i run a br8es in there safely or not it had br9es or give me some ideas here i like champion my self but dont want to go to hot do i need 8's or 9's and a es or a ecs or a bp9es or what let me know any idea i did lean pump down to no much help i also switched to amsoil now and have not ridden it had skidoo oil in it seemed to smoke alot give me good ideas here guys
[snapback]309754[/snapback]​
In reply to your question, yes you can run 8es plugs with out any problems. I have run Mach-zes for years, stock- pro stock. First why did you put bigger pilot jetes in? Your cutting plugs because of this, or your air screws are set wrong. Remember turning them in makes it richer, out adds air to that meetering circuit [ leaner]. Make sure all the reed cages are closing fully. If this is a sled that people have played with, the best thing you could do is start with factory settings. If it's ported do'nt do that or you will melt it down. Last thing yes timing is adjustable but only to some one with the "corect tools". It is NOT done in degrees it is measured in how many thousands [ BEFORE T D C ]. Your motor stock is .088 BTDC you can raise it to .095 with out any fuel issues. Do your home work first, talk to people who know what their doing.

Hope this cut threw some of the crap!

James Rumph

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
dokalski said:
dwiedle said:
In reply to your question, yes you can run 8es plugs with out any problems. I have run Mach-zes for years, stock- pro stock. First why did you put bigger pilot jetes in? Your cutting plugs because of this, or your air screws are set wrong. Remember turning them in makes it richer, out adds air to that meetering circuit [ leaner]. Make sure all the reed cages are closing fully. If this is a sled that people have played with, the best thing you could do is start with factory settings. If it's ported do'nt do that or you will melt it down. Last thing yes timing is adjustable but only to some one with the "corect tools". It is NOT done in degrees it is measured in how many thousands [ BEFORE T D C ]. Your motor stock is .088 BTDC you can raise it to .095 with out any fuel issues. Do your home work first, talk to people who know what their doing.

James Rumph

[email protected]
[snapback]310299[/snapback]​
I run BR9EYA's and have never fouled one. But I also ran the BR9ES with out fouling more than 2 since winter of 2000. You MUST NOT touch the flipper until motor warms up.. Also for JR Racing, the newer Mach's came with "50" pilots so he went down a size like myself and almost every other Mach owner I know. I ran Klotz and now Amsoil.
Things to check: Watch the oil pump with sled OFF when you apply throttle.. Does it return on its own? If not clean and lube. Some people put an additional spring on them to make sure they return at idle.
Check carb. settings. Not sure about 02's. 01's are air screws set to 4.5 turns.
Rule of thumb is, if the screw is ahead of the slide its a "FUEL" mixture adjustment.
In would = leaner, Out would = richer.
If the screw is in back of slide, it's an "AIR" mixture adjustment. In = Rich (less air more fuel) Out= lean (more air, less fuel) Some carbs. have BOTH types others have one or the other and some carbs like Boswell's have 3 or more

I typically have my center carb set a little rich and the two outside cyl. at the factory settings. You can find them here:
http://stboni.com/download/high_altitude_01.pdf

Also a good thing to do each year is Sync carbs. I usually do the easy method which is: With sled turned off, set throttle at just above idle. Use a clamp or something to hold it. Then using drill bits, find one that just fits between carb. mouth and slide. Adjust all the same.. Done.

I also religously turn OFF my petcock whenever the sled sits or is trailered.

Hope this helps.

Evel

·
Registered
255 Posts
Evel said:
dokalski said:
dwiedle said:

James Rumph

[email protected]
[snapback]310299[/snapback]​
I run BR9EYA's and have never fouled one. But I also ran the BR9ES with out fouling more than 2 since winter of 2000. You MUST NOT touch the flipper until motor warms up.. Also for JR Racing, the newer Mach's came with "50" pilots so he went down a size like myself and almost every other Mach owner I know. I ran Klotz and now Amsoil.
Things to check: Watch the oil pump with sled OFF when you apply throttle.. Does it return on its own? If not clean and lube. Some people put an additional spring on them to make sure they return at idle.
Check carb. settings. Not sure about 02's. 01's are air screws set to 4.5 turns.
Rule of thumb is, if the screw is ahead of the slide its a "FUEL" mixture adjustment.
In would = leaner, Out would = richer.
If the screw is in back of slide, it's an "AIR" mixture adjustment. In = Rich (less air more fuel) Out= lean (more air, less fuel) Some carbs. have BOTH types others have one or the other and some carbs like Boswell's have 3 or more

I typically have my center carb set a little rich and the two outside cyl. at the factory settings. You can find them here:
http://stboni.com/download/high_altitude_01.pdf

Also a good thing to do each year is Sync carbs. I usually do the easy method which is: With sled turned off, set throttle at just above idle. Use a clamp or something to hold it. Then using drill bits, find one that just fits between carb. mouth and slide. Adjust all the same.. Done.

I also religously turn OFF my petcock whenever the sled sits or is trailered.

Hope this helps.

Evel
[snapback]310365[/snapback]​
Q on 2002 machz its not the tech plus i can get on for 4,000.00 with only 1,604 miles on it i now the guy he diff. didnt hurt it mint condition i just dont now if i want to spend that kind of money this late in the year. I had a 2000 machz not the tech plus did they make any changes in the two years and do you think its worth the 2 deg. advance or do you think clutching would be better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts