Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im a new Skidoo rider.. have been arctic crap for many years.. Can anyone tell me some of the pros and cons about my Legend 700 I just purchased. its a 2002 with only 600 miles on it. black and silver.. all stock.. it was 5 degrees cel or about 41 fer when i went riding last few days.. only got 140 km on 30 liters of fuel.
is that normal..? does any one get better fuel ecconomy with theirs..??

power seems good but didnt crack 150km per hour yesterday on the lake.. was 41 ferinheit.. packed packing snow... how much can I expect to get out of it.?

Any suggestions..

Steve

I will be posting my new baby online soon...... Skidoo rocks..!!

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to Doo. Great choice of sleds. I love the power and reliability of my 700. You should expect to get anywhere from 10 to 12 mpg and because it has DPM the mpg should be consistant regardless of temp or altitude. 4100 miles on mine and not a single problem. IMO if you don't stud it you should have a 1.25 inch track to get the most out of what the motor has to offer. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
45,510 Posts
Yes I would say turn off your carb heaters, my friends only use them when it is about -10 to -20° F. They hurt you when it is too warm. Praying for snow? If that is your place looks like you have a lot compared to what most of us have....Good Luck with your doo, and welcome to Dootalk!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That pic was taken in December.. Georgian bay north of Toronto.. its raining right now, sux.. trails are barely open.. wont be after today.. supose to snow this week though....

is there any way to check online for any updates to my sled.. ?? 2002 legend 700 RER

·
Registered
45,510 Posts
Not sure if you will be able to check online. But if you call any doo dealer they should be able to tell you the updates, and if the sled was taken to a 'good' dealer they should be able to tell if your sled has had them done or not...50 and rain here all day too
I haven't ridden my sled in a few weeks...I'm starting to get stir crazy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.