Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a 2001 tundra r that won't drive in reverse. When you push the button, the motor revs down to engage the reverse, but then it lacks power to actually drive. It idles way down and won't idle up until you engage the forward drive. Someone suggested it might be a stator, but not sure what the correct answer is. He loves the machine but would love it even more if he could drive backwards. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does the engine actually stall for a second and then fire in reverse or does is just idle down without actually going in reverse???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems to stop then restart in reverse but then bogs out. I will get him to put it on a jack stand then see if it comes close to engaging in reverse. This is going to sound like a stupid question... Does the primary clutch change rotation when you push the button?

·
Registered
43 Posts
haha, yeah man the entire engine and thus the clutch spin in reverse. I think the the guy that said it was the stator is correct. Might just be the pickup coil so you can rip it apart and test it then go from there. There's two pickups one for forward and one for reveres, can't remember which one is for what you'll have to check out a parts fiche online. Super simple engine buds don't be afraid to poke around and learn a few things!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curious, have you found the problem on your chum's Tundra not going in reverse?? I have a chum who had the same problem twice with his 99 Tundra, once it was the strator ( which had to be sent to Quebec to be rebuilt) the second time it was a reverse module??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He hasn't been too concerned lately. we have been taking my trailer and it has drive on/drive off ramps so it hasn't been an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts