Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 01 mxz600 and was wondering what would be a good ski upgrade for this sled. I do mostly trail riding and occasional powder. What size carbides? Any suggestions guys. I have always owned a two up sled and am looking forward to the hanling of the mxz so your help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I put precisions on my zx chassis this year, and I really like them on the trails. They're a little different in powder....

G

·
I bought a 01 mxz 800 and put precisions on it and so far its a JOY to ride and ya i agree deeper snow they do act a lil different but great skis if ya have the $$. just my 2 cents.

ScRaPpY

·
Registered
757 Posts
"A little different in deep snow" as in they suck. If you come flying into a turn with some loose snow you better hope there is nothing in front of you because you're not gonna turn. They are fine for the guy that casually rides on groomed trails though. For the price they get for those precisions there are a lot better skis out there. I put C&A ADX skis on my 02 ZX. A little more effort to turn but at least I know its gonna turn when I want it to. I got the whole set up for under $200 minus the carbides. USI also has some good skis out there but they are a bit more pricy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2002mxzx said:
"A little different in deep snow" as in they suck. If you come flying into a turn with some loose snow you better hope there is nothing in front of you because you're not gonna turn. They are fine for the guy that casually rides on groomed trails though. For the price they get for those precisions there are a lot better skis out there. I put C&A ADX skis on my 02 ZX. A little more effort to turn but at least I know its gonna turn when I want it to. I got the whole set up for under $200 minus the carbides. USI also has some good skis out there but they are a bit more pricy.
[snapback]262632[/snapback]​
How do the C & A work in the powder? Where did you get them and what size carbides are you using?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Tha C&A's I'm using are better than the precisions in the powder since they are 6" wide. I had them on the lake the other day with almost a foot of powder and they were noticably better. They did push but I think it would be tough to find a ski that's not going to in those conditions. In loose snow they are great. With the 7.5" shapers and the deep keel they dig right to the bottom to find traction. I think a guy would even be OK with 6" or 4" round bar carbides. I loosened up my limiter straps all the way and cranked up my middle shock to the max to take some bite out and they still push less than the precisions on loose snow.
I got my skis at Hay Days, can't remember the name of the dealer though. I priced them out from a bunch of sponsers here and they were not too far off. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gravy davey said:
I have a set of simmons flex skis on my daughters Formula S the are excellent in the powder.
[snapback]263851[/snapback]​
Thanks for all the help everyone. It sure is nice to be able to ask questions and know you are getting a straight answer from someone that is very willing to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts