Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably confusing and hard to explain, but I will try my best in the hopes someone has some good places for me to start. I went out for a ride on sat. morning, about 10 mins into the ride I ran into the back of my other sled ( I know duh!!) It didnt appear to be anything major, but a bumper and a dent in the pipe. So I kept riding, I rode about another couple of hours with no problem what so ever, the thing was running great. I went through a rough section of bush and after that the sled was running terrible, and I had to nurse it home. What it was doing was it would not "wind" right out, it just bogged in the high rpms, going down the road, when I let off the gas, it would pop and kind of backfire. It still starts and idles fine, but sounds a little louder (I think). Any ideas of where I could start to look for my problems would be great!! I really have no idea where to look first.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I check the plugs, not for spark yet, but the one plug was wet and black, the other one was dry and clean. What do you make of that?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
615 Posts
01800SummitHighmarkX said:
hope this helps ur problem
[snapback]714536[/snapback]​
I have the same sled. Its full of problems. Every ride its something new. Normally its not getting the RPM's due to clutching. :shr

The other weekend, I was ridding along, sled going great, went to go WOT, sled cut out at 7000 RPM! Hit one cylinder, let of the throtle run fine. DO the same thing over, one cylinder. Idel good, and if you pined it from dead stop it would go good for about 4 seconds than go to one cylinder. I pulled plugs, switched plugs, and one said was perfect, and the other was a little wet. We played around with it for about 75 miles, and came to the conclusion it was the plug caps. I pulled the caps off and switched them around and it was the other side that would follow the plug. The caps were brand new NGK. I havent replaced the caps yet to see if it solved the problem, but I'm almost 100% sure it is. If that sounds like your sled, check your caps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You probably already checked this but it almost sounds like you lost an exhaust spring when you hit buddy. That will cause the prolems you are describing.

·
Registered
521 Posts
you might want to make sure that you didnt do more damage than you thought. it kind of sounds like your clutch is out of alignment. if it starts and runs fine before it is engaged, and then once engaged the problems begin- if it is out of alignment, the belt will get too tight, resulting in loss of top speed, increased workload, and on backshift would drag on the motor..... could cause popping. as for being louder, if you hit the pipe and maybe moved the engine a bit, you could have opened up a small gap.

·
Registered
975 Posts
SkidooRacer those caps are one piece with the wires on the 01. Although as a temporary fix, I replaced just the cap, Ski-doo recommends that you replace it as an assembly. It solved my problem with plugs when I replaced the wire / cap combo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts