Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 grand touring 800 se with a bad CDI box and ski doo stopped making the part. Any idea's on a replacement part? I can not find one anywhere, sled has been at dealer since Febuary.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What part number are you looking for?
I will do some checking but might know where we can possibly find one.
I will be in touch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part # is 512059288

Thanks for looking!

quote name='Bobv' timestamp='1285207135' post='2991523']
What part number are you looking for?
I will do some checking but might know where we can possibly find one.
I will be in touch.
[/quote]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sled is a triple. All the parts stores show it but when asked if they stock it the answer is alway's,no we have to order it from skidoo.But skii doo doesn't carry it any more.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
The sled is a triple. All the parts stores show it but when asked if they stock it the answer is alway's,no we have to order it from skidoo.But skii doo doesn't carry it any more.
Why do you think you need one??

U could probably try one from a regular mach with RER... wouldn't run the air ssuspension though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why do you think you need one??

U could probably try one from a regular mach with RER... wouldn't run the air ssuspension though...
I had a small snowmobile repair shop in VT change the stator because that is what they thought was wrong, did not fix it. Took it back to CT and had a skidoo dealer look at it and they told me it was the CDI box. We may try one out of another 800 if we can't find the part. I could live without the air suspension. Sled is extreamly clean and in great shape, seems like a shame that skidoo stopped manufacturing the part.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I had a small snowmobile repair shop in VT change the stator because that is what they thought was wrong, did not fix it. Took it back to CT and had a skidoo dealer look at it and they told me it was the CDI box. We may try one out of another 800 if we can't find the part. I could live without the air suspension. Sled is extreamly clean and in great shape, seems like a shame that skidoo stopped manufacturing the part.
Symptoms?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Steering column wiring. Look for any area's that might have shorted on moving area's of metal in the adjustable steering post. For this sled if the battery is low it will not start.
Any short at all will cause the "black box" to appear to be dead when actually is shorted.
Try charging the battery to full charge but then pull start to see if you have any spark.

Same sled, so it has actually happened.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
I've got a mint 00 GT 800 CDI w/RER, voltage regulator and the engine harness. CDI #515-175-426 PM me if interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts