Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 800X and I'm wondering if anybody knows the timing curve for that motor and if another year box would be better than what I currently have.I have installed the new RK Tek head and pistons and the motor is ported with twin Crank Shop pipes and larger carbs.Just curious if I can better what I have......

·
Registered
572 Posts
PTE800 said:
I have a 2001 800X and I'm wondering if anybody knows the timing curve for that motor and if another year box would be better than what I currently have.I have installed the new RK Tek head and pistons and the motor is ported with twin Crank Shop pipes and larger carbs.Just curious if I can better what I have......
[snapback]698787[/snapback]​
No. I think 01s had the best timing curve. You could upgrade to the hooded jet carbs. off the newer sleds. Thats what I did. I also had crank shop pipes I ran with bored carbs and RK head. IMO the single had more umph throughout the rpm range. Once the CS got warm and your were WFO they went. I used them for mt riding and thought the single was more suited for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hymark800 said:
PTE800 said:
[snapback]698787[/snapback]​
No. I think 01s had the best timing curve. You could upgrade to the hooded jet carbs. off the newer sleds. Thats what I did. I also had crank shop pipes I ran with bored carbs and RK head. IMO the single had more umph throughout the rpm range. Once the CS got warm and your were WFO they went. I used them for mt riding and thought the single was more suited for me.
[snapback]699687[/snapback]​
I am also using this set-up for mountain riding so what you're saying pretty much is the same as Kelsey has said about the Crank Shop pipes.I have heard from others that the aftermarket pipe set-ups store to much heat due to smaller taipipe(stinger) outlet size.After doing some research on this I have found that the stock 06 REV 800 Summit has an outlet size of 2.100 inches where as my outlet on my sled is 2.250 in.This is due to me running a Crank Shop canister and not the normal glass pack versions that most are running.I'm a little unsure now as to if this theory is correct or it's a design issue.I have always thought that prior to installing the new RK Tek setup that the CS pipes worked good but now I hear different opinons from others.I no longer have the stock pipes so I guess I'll have to try what I have for now.This week will be the first outting with the new setup so it will be interesting to see how it works. It is good to hear that at least the timing curve should be ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts