Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I thought I would share my project with you and a few questions I have. The reasons for this build are: It's headed to my remote cabin where it has to be flown in, so that limits my options.... And because I can.... I'm starting with a 2000 Tundra R, modifications will be a 151X15X1.5'' track with B550's sprockets, SC5-U rear suspension out of a 2014 Expedition sport, 250 Tundra gears, rebuild engine, oil injection deleted, Oil tank will be converted to a small reserve fuel tank, 3'' seat raise with under seat storage, 6'' handle bar raise, 6'' tunnel extension, significant front end beef ups... etc.

Possibility's I'd appreciate your input on are:

A more modern secondary clutch? Reason's would be for better shifting and parts availability. I'd also like any clutching recommendations you all have.

TMX 38 Carb and/or tempa flow and/or cold air intake... With the big track I'd like to best performance out of the little motor I can get without sacraficing any reliability.

One of my frustrations with the stock tundra is that when breaking trail in deep snow the engine heats up the cowling, where the air intake is and it's impossible to lean it enough to keep it from bogging down.

Thanks!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive lighting Gas
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Machine tool Rim Motor vehicle Gas
Crankset Gear Automotive tire Rim Wood

Photograph Line Gas Wood Machine

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Tread Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
762 Posts
If your on Facebook join the ski-foo tundra owners page, lots of really good information there.

I’m doing close to the same thing with my 94 but with a 144 track. Definitely the air intake is in a bad spot being it just pulls the under hood warm air and the belt dust. I made another intake on the opposite side that draws outside cold air. Any good venting to keep the under hood temps helps too also wrapping the exhaust. As to the tempflow, I like the intelajet system it’s works get on my one snowbike and easy to tune.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice project. I'm a little jealous of that skid.

I'm not sure about going with a 38mm carb. From what I've read, I'm not sure a bigger carb will help unless you do a little porting on that motor as I think its stock porting limits its air flow. A bigger carb means less air velocity through the carb at lower rpms which can negatively effect mixture.

I can't help with clutching, though as you already know, clutching is pretty important.

On the motor, you could take .015-.020 off the head to increase compression without ill effects if you have access to 91 octane. I did that and beat the crap out of my 06 for 2 years. I didn't run into any issues until I went more aggressive with the ignition timing.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts