Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whent to start the sled after sitting for a month fired right up ran for a few seconds then quit would not start again so I put gas in the spark plug holes stated right up ran it all day shut it down started right back up. Then I let it sit for 2 hours would not start so but gas in spark plug holes fired right up again took it home shut it off and started right back up again .so if if it sits more then 2 hours it loses its prime why thanks

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
How cold? I have seen the fuel pumps freeze in these. Have had to pour some hot water over the pump to get them to go. If you don't think freezing is the issue, sounds like the fuel pump is shot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was 35 degrees out if it is the fuel pump then when you get it going wy does it run like a top put 50 miles no problem thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sometimes when mine sits for an hour or so, I have to give it 1/4 throttle and it will fire right up. If the needle and seat are worn, fuel gets by the seat as it sits and it floods it out. But if you're pouring fuel in the cylinders and it fires up it sounds like it might be something different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts