Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i was snowmobiling with some friends on a lake, and we entered a channel with unsafe ice. I did not know the ice wasent safe because the ice at all other parts of the lake is like a couple feet deep. So i stopped, the ice cracked, and the snowmobile went in. It was about 6 feet deep where the sled sunk, and we had to have alot of people help to pull it out. now i am in the proccess of evacuating all the water in my engine for water. We have already pulled the cylinders apart, the airbox off, the exuast pipe off, and replaced the spark plugs. The sled starts but it bogs down if you try to give it gas. How can i fix this and what else do i need to drain to make it run properly. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
I will be posting pics at a later time.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
drain your carbs. the float bowls are full of water. i have had this happen on my 4 wheeler in the summer when i sunk her in the river. drain float and she ran like a champ!!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I had a friend that sunk his yamaha in the lake up in the UP. First of all when you had the cylinders off you need to make sure all of the water is out of the case. You will also have to drain the gas tank out as well and put fresh in because more than likely it will have a bunch of water in there. I would also drain the oil and put new in just incase there is weater in there and change the chaincase oil as well. Plus the othere stuff that you already did. This was all done to my buddies sled when he went down and within a half a day he was back on the trail and able to ride the rest of the weakend. Aside frm the headlight being burnt out and the seat freezing up he was good to go. Good luck.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mike is right, get all the water out of carbs and make sure there is no water in the tank. Then if the sled starts let it run until it gets hot. It will dry itself out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Lost mine in a beaver pond last year. Brought it to a heated shop for 3 days and dried everything I could think off. Took headlight out, guages, the works....I thought. Until I took machine out and back about 20 kliks on back off my truck. Started machine fine and had about 1/2 way off deck when it quit. Not much fun trying to get at the fuel pump with Doo tool kit!
Take apart your fuel pump and dry out your impulse line as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts