Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a showroom condition 2000 MXZ 500 with black hood. It is also stamped 2000 on left front side of tunnel. Build date is 10/1999 and last 4 of serial number is 0022. Just wondering if this machine is worth holding on to or if not what would be a good asking price? Again this machine is pretty much right off the showroom floor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
On Thin Ice with Steve
36,031 Posts
All of the 2000's had the 2000 on the tunnel.Mine is #235 and I love it, I would sell my renegade before the 500!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I also have a 05 500ss and a 09 mxzx 600, I guess my real question is do you think its worth holding on to for a collectors piece or if it will only go up in value of say like $300.00 in the next ten years then it may be worth getting rid of. If you were to sell it what do you think a fair price would be. Again thanks for any info on this subject.

·
Map of the Problematique
5,109 Posts
I wouldnt sell it if its in mint condition. Just hold on to incase you need a backup sled.
X2 - Nothing wrong with having a backup sled (would make a great guest / girlfriend / wife sled too!). Thing is it's a 11 year old sled, you'll never get the price you want for it.

Just curious, how many miles?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Currently 2000 miles and I don't really want to ride that body style any more after riding the revs. Also have a 05 rev as back up. Again thanks for the info everyone and please keep it coming.

·
Map of the Problematique
5,109 Posts
Currently 2000 miles and I don't really want to ride that body style any more after riding the revs. Also have a 05 rev as back up. Again thanks for the info everyone and please keep it coming.
Well with that argument / sled situation I'd sell it. I'd start listing it October 1st and I wouldn't take any less than $2400 for it.

The problem is...you'll never be able to replace it with something as minty for $2400. I guess it's a matter of whether you need the cash or can afford to have a 3rd sled sitting around.

edit: 3rd option - you could always give it to me

·
Registered
104 Posts
i had a 500 for my first sled and ended up selling it, looking back i wish i would have held onto it because it was such a reliable machine and i see it around the trails from time to time still running great with no major issues and it was a 98 mxz. personaly i would hang onto it, dont know how many times i could have put it to use for friends or younger relatives wanting to go with on rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts