Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys want to pick at some of your brains here... I went to go for the first ride of the year yesterday on my mach z and I could not get it to fire. Pulled the plugs there wet... put the plugs in the caps left them on the head had my brother pull over well I looked for spark. It sparks once every 5-6 pulls. I had it on the stand a week ago running just to burn some of the storage oil out it started and ran fine. I did put new plugs in and it does the same thing. I think it is either the stator or cdi? What are your thoughts folks??? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
If I was a betting man, I'd say stator. these sleds are notorious for burning them. try and find a good used OEM, the aftermarket ones from past experience are junk.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Reactions: MACH1/Z and Alatalo

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the feed back! over the holidays going to pull a stator out of a spare motor and try it out! if it fixes the issue I will have my possibly pooched stator redone with stator Kev. I will keep you all posted to what I find, probably wont get to it for a bit with Christmas just right around the corner

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Detailed testing procedures are in the manual. Just follow them step by step. Pretty easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts