Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install a heated plug on my freeride as I where a full face helmet when cold. Anyone done this? Looking for what kit to get and placement.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just did last night on my backcountry. See if there's already a hole and little plastic cover cap across from the dess key. It was all plug n play from ski doo. I also installed the dual USB charger adapter Y that made it easy to plug in the skidoo visor heater plug harness. Have to pull the whole cover off, which is harder to get back on then off, when lining it all up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the kit from Skidoo and the included inst were useless. Their video had a dead link. I did the 2020 850 BC install this way. #1 Make sure DESS in unhooked. #2 Take off belt. #3. Carefully take off the black fiber cover behind the clutches, being careful to not break the black pop out fastener on the left. #4. Locate the heated visor plastic piece on the left side of the top opposite of the DESS. This rectangle small piece {that has the small round knockout in it} has three tabs on the left and on the right that hold it in to place. The tabs on the left will come out easily AFTER the smaller ones on the right side are out. To remove it take a sharp knife and gently slide it under, on the right side bottom on the knockout piece and push the 1st tab, gently!, in and up.. It comes out easily. You will see the plug under there up top. #5. Reach up behind clutches from below and unclick the connector from the dead post. #6. Get a small metal nut that fits the switch to avoid loose grounds happening. #7. Plug in and tie down. Replace the black fiber cover, etc. $26 The heck with taking the top off. I have did 4 times for myself and friends. NP

Ski-Doo OEM # 860201283

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Buy the kit from SkiDoo
Download instructions
Follow instructions
Done
What he said. If i can doo it anyone can doo it. Put that and 12 volt in glovebox at same time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts