Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off work yesterday and rode with some friends. They freaked out when it was time to fill the tanks!!

My 2004 MXZ SDI = 105 miles, 5.2 gallons of gas = 20.192 Miles Per Gallon!!!!

My best millage yet!! We rode trails and other various areas.

The other two guys with me could not believe it. The ZR 600 Cat got 10 mpg and the old Polaris 440 got 5 mpg.

Also, no plug problems either.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have a buddy with a polaris that gets 9MPG....Every time we gas up I tell him the money he could save in gas would be a payment on a Rev.....

·
Registered
576 Posts
nbrenegade said:
I have a buddy with a polaris that gets 9MPG....Every time we gas up I tell him the money he could save in gas would be a payment on a Rev.....
[snapback]287685[/snapback]​
We are getting 19-21 consistently with the 600 SDIs 04 and 05 models, good fast riding 50-60mph, not dumping into the throttle out of every turn that kills it just cruising and going easy in the turns nice and smooth and the mileage is unbelievable.

·
Registered
576 Posts
racerherbie said:
Took off work yesterday and rode with some friends. They freaked out when it was time to fill the tanks!!

My 2004 MXZ SDI = 105 miles, 5.2 gallons of gas = 20.192 Miles Per Gallon!!!!

My best millage yet!! We rode trails and other various areas.

The other two guys with me could not believe it. The ZR 600 Cat got 10 mpg and the old Polaris 440 got 5 mpg.

Also, no plug problems either.

[snapback]287518[/snapback]​
My buddy got 21.5 on his GSX 600 SDI in a 126 mile trip we calculated exactly, my renegade was 19.5. These were the first time out, not even broken in yet. My 04 600 SDI gets 19 just about every tank, unless deeper snow or bumpy etc.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Alright you guys are making me mad -

my '05 Renegade gets 14 or 15 and all my dealer can say is "well some are better, some are worse". This lousy (for and SDI) mileage is on a well broken in (1500 miles) sled under ideal conditions (trail riding, below zero, hard trails, seldom wide open)

I can get 13mpg with my '02 Renegade that has 12,000 miles on it, so it's not my riding style.....

If anyone can explain the possible reasons, I'm all ears!

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
driving style, speed, trail conditions, snow conditions, track length, width, lug height, etc.

Your mileage is fine in my books!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yellowknife said:
driving style, speed, trail conditions, snow conditions, track length, width, lug height, etc.

Your mileage is fine in my books!
[snapback]288178[/snapback]​
New member, with a 2005 600HO SDI RENEGADE. Great gas milage. What grade of gas do you use. I am told by the dealer to use the mid grade gas, but the operator's guide said to use 91 oct or better. And just to confirm. I love the sled and smile more every ride.

·
Registered
121 Posts
700renegade said:
Alright you guys are making me mad -

my '05 Renegade gets 14 or 15 and all my dealer can say is "well some are better, some are worse". This lousy (for and SDI) mileage is on a well broken in (1500 miles) sled under ideal conditions (trail riding, below zero, hard trails, seldom wide open)

I can get 13mpg with my '02 Renegade that has 12,000 miles on it, so it's not my riding style.....

If anyone can explain the possible reasons, I'm all ears!
[snapback]288144[/snapback]​
same as what i was getting on my last years SDI (13-14-mpg) , if grand pa put put rode my sled it got about 19 all the time its all in the flipper . also the colder it is out there the lower the mpg, just like a car with EFI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts