Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Ski-Doo make a bolt on 2 up seat for my 2000 MXZ 500? Would like to take the wife on a few trail rides, but it just doesn't work riding double without the 2 up seat. If so where could I get one?
After market would be fine too if there is another company that makes one for the ZX chassis.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Reid50 said:
Does Ski-Doo make a bolt on 2 up seat for my 2000 MXZ 500? Would like to take the wife on a few trail rides, but it just doesn't work riding double without the 2 up seat. If so where could I get one?
After market would be fine too if there is another company that makes one for the ZX chassis.

Thanks!
[snapback]687591[/snapback]​
I know a guy with an 02 renegade, he has two seats and swaps them depending on if he has a passenger or not. It's a doo seat with a low backrest built right into the seat (well actually not really a backrest just something to keep the passenger from falling off but it is separate from the seat). New seats are pricey and if you go that route you should make sure it isn't too long for the tunnel on your mxz. Another thing you should consider is a Seat Jack, you can take it off or put it on without tools and cheaper then a whole new seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THanks for the responses. Not sure what to go with yet. Didn't really want to spend clsoe to $500 so the last option recommended by nellie may work. Maybe the wife should just have this sled for herself and I could go buy a new REV.
Not sure she would go for that though...

·
Registered
677 Posts
the best solution to your situation is to invest in a SEAT JACK it is made by Jack Industries it has 2 brackets that mount to your tunnel and a 2-up seat slides on them. once brackets are installed seat installs and removes in less than 1 minute and they are rugged, i had one on my 01 mxz for my wife and it worked great, i recently sold it because my wife decided to try riding her own. i would reccomend it to any one looking for a "part-time" 2-up. if the need ever arises i would buy another in a heartbeat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.