Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this weekend, I might be taking my girlfriend with me riding. She's pretty small and I only weigh in at 165. Any advise on extended riding 2-up? Is this commonly done? Is it actually allowed on the trails or is it frowned apon becasue it's a 1 person sled?

I'm not going to get one of those add on seats.

·
Elite Member
845 Posts
I did it last year and we were fine. Cramped yes, fun YES! If the trails are smooth riding 2 up is no biggie. If they are rough pack it away and go another day. Nearly impossible for two people to stand and absorb the bumps. Just slow down a little and you'll have a great time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have to give a buddy a ride back to town after he broke a ring and I have to say the ride wasint to bad considdering it wasint on groomed trails but it was cramped and I had a hard time keeping the skis on the ground.
Doo the Doo

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We might try all positions...haha

I might look into one of those seats if it's not too big of an investment. we're going to go up in a few weeks and try it the ol' fashion way, just cruise along, not try to win any medals. Thanks for the advise. Does anybody know anything about those add on seats?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I Double up quite a bit.....(and hate it). If you have a set of saddle bags fill them up with clothes or pillows, I find it acts as a backrest for the bitc...I mean wife/girlfriend..keeps them from on the seat....its not that bad..I've don a hundred miles at a time this way. Last year I bought a Seat Jack But its like turning your hotrod into a minivan. But still the best 2up solution I've found Just make sure you tighten up your rear susp and run fully coupled or you'll be bottoming out all day. All in all, 2up riding is about as much fun as a kick in the junk with a pointy shoe.
Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.