Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dropped the suspention and now when i go to put it back up.. By dropped i mean the front and the rear arms on the skid... and i am wanting to put it back up but i cant get the bolts to line back up in the front it is a pain in the "edit for bad language" off by yourself the sled also fell off the jack and crused my hand, really F****ing hurt.... but what are some ideas?

also i got a secondary spring for my sled and i was wondering how to change it and any special tools needed to make the change... thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
On the secondary, you can take a long bolt and a U shaped bracket
that spreads about the width of the helix with a hole in it to put the
bolt in. Then use a nut to clamp the U shaped bracket down on the
helix to compress it and take it off. Otherwise, you'll need a spring
compressor for a secondary to get it off.

On the skid, I've found that you need to put the front bolts in first.
Then play with the rear skid to get the holes lined up. Its been a while,
but if I remember correctly, playing with the track tension and a block
under the skid - you can do it yourself. Try searching for an answer
here.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am just having a hard time getting the front bolts in the suspention.... the rear is no problem, at all..... any advise on how to get it.... the closest i can get it is about 3 inches out front of the holes.... and it is a B***c to get there..... anyone with any helpful tricks

·
The Wrecking Crew
1,110 Posts
loosen your springs all the way and make sure rear axel is fully loosened. it's easier to get the skid in and out with the rear arm drawn down also. use a ratchet strap to pull the front arm down, this will give you more room to work with doo front first. use ratchet strap to pull down rear and let it up slowly to line up rear holes. Done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.