Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a 163 x 2.25"(2.86 pitch) track on my 04 rev summit. I have 162 rails from the Summit Rev 1000's that will bolt right in to my existing suspension.

I am researching drivers now. Currently, I have 9 tooth 2.52 extroverts and want to install 8 tooth 2.86s for the new track. Are there any sleds that came stock with 2.86 extrovert drivers on a 1-1/8" (or 1-1/16") shaft (thinking maybe Yamaha)? I know I'm being a bit of a cheap skate by looking for take offs, it just seems hard to justify dropping $200 on two chunks of plastic from Wahl Bros. Any help with my proposed setup is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just did mine with 440's for a 2.5", no clearance problems. They run about 50 a piece.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
  1. Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm assuming the 440's arent extrovert drivers? Is that going to be an issue on a 163?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much for your responses everyone!

http://www.skidoopartshouse.com/oemparts/a/ski/500beca8f87002314436d4bf/drive-system

Can anyone confirm that I'm going in the right direction on this? The details on these parts don't state any of the pitch specs, not even the track... Anything else I should grab wile I'm at it? Do the circlips tend to break durring driver swaps? I figure crank case seal and maybe drive shaft bearings while I have it appart...

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just bought these drivers to put a 120 2.86 track on my mach z and when pressed on the drive shaft the teeth are about 1/4 off from each other. lined the arrows up but no good. repressed the drivers on in all 6 positions and its the same. has anyone else had this problem? can it be fixed? can I just heat the center part and melt move and let cool?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts