Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1st good riding this year

163 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bluffcountry440 
#1 ·
but it was worth it. We stayed in Two Harbors and rode to the Canada border the first day. Great ride but got lost that night. My buddy's 600 ho ran out of gas as he pulled up to the pump that night. 90% of the trails were excellent with one or two getting painful to ride at night before the groomer hit them. Rode up to Isabella the next day for breakfast and screwed around on the trails for a while. The trails weren't very busy and the snow was great. I stepped off trail to relieve myself at one point. My left foot sunk a foot or so into the snow and I totally pee'd a glove inside and out. I'm finally learning how to make the REV work in my favor. There are just little changes. Like the change in riding position. While sitting forward I can weight either ski or either side of the rearend to get better traction or handling. It seems like I can control things more precisely with the REV. Is this my imagination? With my old sled it seemed that I had to work harder because I had to swing the rear out in turns vs. shifting weight and giving it throttle.

#3 ·
There was a good foot plus on the trails and it looks like they might get more in the next couple days. Call up to Beaver Bay Sports and ask them. They always give me an honest answer. (218) 226-4666 We stayed at the Americinn and the trail from the parking lot to the state trail sucks!!! You will be in pain if you ride it so don't. Just trailer up to the parking lot off the state trail. Go north on 61 to the BP gas station and take a left. The lot is about 7 miles up and there is a sign that says state trail parking lot. Have fun. If i'm lucky I'll be going up this weekend too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.