Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 1999 800 triple , I bought it last winter and some times it works great , shut it off and turn it back on and I have the flashing key light! Took to dealer , reprogrammed new dess key and worked fine for one ride. Brought it back again and they told me I need the ignition module that’s underneath the carbs! Hoping someone has an idea of what my issue is or if I can find a replacement one !

·
Premium Member
28,769 Posts
I the ignition module being referred to is the MPEM (computer/ecm/ecu). In the parts fiche it is referred to as a Calibration Module.

Did they provide a reason for needing the module? Did they want to further test it, replace it? I wonder if the dealer license has the ability to disable DESS. This would be the easiest solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I the ignition module being referred to is the MPEM (computer/ecm/ecu). In the parts fiche it is referred to as a Calibration Module.

Did they provide a reason for needing the module? Did they want to further test it, replace it? I wonder if the dealer license has the ability to disable DESS. This would be the easiest solution.
According to them they had tested everything leading to it and are left at the conclusion that it has to be the problem they also had it out and couldn’t visually see any issues ! Apparently they can’t get them new from ski doo any more and I’ve had 0 luck with a used one

·
Premium Member
28,769 Posts
Did you see the programmer they used? The fact that they can still work on your sled is pretty cool, because not all dealers can or will. Call them tomorrow to see if they can disable the DESS. Or call CanDoo to see if it can disabled with their software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts