Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 1999 grand touring 583 that i recently swaped a new 583 into that was out of a 1997 formula. I understand the stator wiring is a bit different, instead of the black ground going into the stator like the '99, the black ground on the '97 is free. With it grounded i get no spark, without it grounded i get spark but no switches shut it off. Im pretty sure its supposed to be tied into the ground for the 3 switches but im not sure where that would be. Any help here would be appreciated, pulling the plug wires off all the time is getting old haha.

· Registered
1,808 Posts
We'll just call you 'jumpy' LOL

Where is the black/white wire of the '97 ignition module connected? That is the kill wire going to the switches. It may be grounded somewhere all the time and when you ground the black wire it completes the kill circuit.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id have to check on the '97 another day (its stored 3 hours from me now) but ill take a look at the 99 and see where that black/white one goes if its there. Would that one be a single ground that all 3 switches joined together or would i potentially need to tie this lost black one into 3 separte ground wires? The black wire out of the stator has to go to a another plug or wire somewhere though because grounded on its own there is never any spark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts