Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have 1998 mxz 670 100% stock with 2700 miles on it and new track.
Sled sat for long time and was given to me, I did carbs and brakes and installed reverse chaincase.

Drove it about 500 miles and it got clean bill of health.

So read lots of old upgrade posts, some very old..so in 2021 what is out there for upgrades in 2021 for a 1998 mxz 670.

I read that sc10-3 is used for rear suspension swap..is this still current swap or there better newer version now to use?

For front end use 2001 shocks from? Front end suspension can be widened with right choice of arms and rods from?

Would like to upgrade seat...maybe even a 2up seat?

I mostly got it for ice fishing, but did alot of trail riding with it and been over 17 years since I been on trails, last sled I owned was a 1976 twister, this is 20 year upgrade for me, and it still is a 20 year old sled..lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
TWISTER!!! Me too. 1974 400F/A. What a sled! Can't help you much. Mines a 2001, but, you might want to put in new carb boots and V-Force reeds. Mine were shot when I got it and am glad I checked them before I melted it down. Boots were de-laminating and sucking air.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rev seat conversion was one of the best things I did. 5.7 pilot skis was another, and 136 extension with 1.25 1.50 paddle track was a large improvement as well.(Sc10-3) rear suspension skid. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I too am wondering about the R motion? There a 2013 120" one available by me
Was wondering if it would fit? ANY Ideas out there?
I sure will have to drill new holes..but will it be a better upgrade then the sc10-3 and trail ride\ handle correctly?

I am so far out of the current spec loop...my 1998 mxz is 20+ years newer then my last sled...any input on this would be help full..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well got a sc10-3 rear suspension for it.
Got to tear it down and go thru it and clean, lube and bearings.
Might get shocks rebuilt while it working on it.
]
Far as front end upgrade i read about putting 1997 polaris xcr front fox shocks on it.
Gain about 2 inch of front travel with the xcr shocks, but need to
Open up tie rod holes in belly pan a little bit for clearance. Any one got an input on the XCR shock swap..good or bad mod?

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,625 Posts
You'll love the SC3 suspension. Can't answer your shock questions, but as mentioned above, get some pilot skis for it. I had a 94 that I did the sc3 and pilots and it was a whole different sled.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
There used to be a thread on here that had lots of info in regards to the Fox shock swap. Many smart dudes from back in the day were down with it, so it must be a good thing. It makes sense to increase front suspension travel and ride height when putting in a bigger rear suspension so the thing doesn’t sit like a dragster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any body know the stock 1998 mxz 670 stock ski shocks extended and compressed hole to hole measurements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts