Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any major problems with the mach z my dad is looking into buying one it is a 1998 mach Z lt R.how do the guys who own sleds similar to this like them?

·
Registered
816 Posts
ski-dookid69 said:
is there any major problems with the mach z my dad is looking into buying one it is a 1998 mach Z lt R.how do the guys who own sleds similar to this like them?
[snapback]301492[/snapback]​
98 mach z - i would not advise buying that year. wiring harness troubles, stator problems , pipes cracked. thats just a few of the problems i had with mine

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
mach 2005 said:
ski-dookid69 said:
98 mach z - i would not advise buying that year. wiring harness troubles, stator problems , pipes cracked. thats just a few of the problems i had with mine

[snapback]301508[/snapback]​
Sell him my totally rebuilt and done up 99 F3/800 instead,reverse,fresh ported engine,new track and MXZ-X suspension all around! No probs and a great ride! Cheaper insurance too! Awesome purple and yellow!

·
Registered
180 Posts
There were lots of known problems with '98s. But that doesn't mean every '98 will have problems. I put over 3500 miles on mine without a single problem. The 136" is cool to have too, if you're not looking for the fastest sled (they are still fast
)

·
Registered
592 Posts
my friend has a 98 with a short in the wires under the motor also i called on a 98 before i got my 99 f3 800 they said it just got out of the shop the had to pull the motor to fix a short in the wires so i would say that if you have not had this problem you probably will sooner or later but hey it can be fixed with a little tape

·
Registered
369 Posts
ski-dookid69 said:
i had one for 2 years. fast as hell, very heavy. not very reliable. sharp lookin', terrible ride. i'd suggest to buy something newer, lighter, with a better suspension. if you take it ice fishing, get insurance, make sure there's at least 6 inches of ice, and park it 1/2 mile from your closest hole. with luck, it may fall through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts