Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an all stock 98 Mach Z. What is good clutching set up and gearing for an 809 in a ck3 chassis? It will be used for lake racing. And by the weekend it will have, Jaws pipes, V-force reeds speed track and chisels. Port timing will remain stock this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Tom

·
Registered
155 Posts
NOSMachz said:
I just purchased an all stock 98 Mach Z. What is good clutching set up and gearing for an 809 in a ck3 chassis? It will be used for lake racing. And by the weekend it will have, Jaws pipes, V-force reeds speed track and chisels. Port timing will remain stock this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Tom
[snapback]705153[/snapback]​
This thread may help you;

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34459

·
Registered
20 Posts
NOSMachz said:
Jaws pipes kick "edit for bad language" if set up properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
storme said:
NOSMachz said:
Jaws pipes kick "edit for bad language" if set up properly.

[snapback]707062[/snapback]​
If your putting jaws on you have to change your timing, clutching, gut the airbox, springs, gearing,etc. BUT Let me tell you how my 2000 works with jaws! this is a quote from a response i gave a few days ago. about 99 z800vs 2005 z1000

I own a 2000 mach z 800, and i raced against everything on the lake. f 7's, f 8's f everythings, zr 9's , fusion's , t cat 1000's rx1's including mxz renagade 1000's and mach z 1000's . And i am kicking #@$*. No joke. the only ones i cant touch are the nitro's and turbo's
Now, i doo have pipes and porting done but i am still a 800 cc.
So what do you think of that?
as far as numbers go 2 weeks ago the snow was not so good but cold.i was taking them right off the line right to the finish.
last week the temperature was +6 and snow was still a little soft so numbers were not that high. this time they were getting me off the line but i was passing them 2/3 of the way down.
TRUE STORY!

I had just woke this baby up this winter,rebuilt the engine and added the porting to it and the studds. i bought the sled used last year and rode it all season without any problems wanted to make sure all was good because im running at 9100 RPM's so to make sure, i rebuilt the engine new. had it apart for the porting any way so it only made sence to me to do so. Now i know what i have. As far as "how much do you want for it " your not the first to ask. and like the master card commercials , Driving a trail sled to the lake to kick all that "edit for bad language" and technology and to see the expression on their faces after spending 15K!
PRICELESS!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.