Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I have a 1998 Mach 1 700 triple that will need complete engine service, from crank all the way up. Not electric start and no reverse. Engine parts are getting scarce where I am so I am looking for options before I consider parting it out.
Can someone tell me what other engines could be a swap option into the CK3 chassis? Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
A turboed 1200 would surprise a lot of people ;-)

I've seen rotary valve engine (583, 670, etc, ) swapped in that body. In a CK3 you have space to do pretty much what ever you want. What's your budget?

·
Registered
909 Posts
look for a 700 fIII motor would be easy fit. a600 triple / triple would work too. and maybe a 809 would fit in there also with a bit of work. it is only a matter of how far you are willing to spent. if in great shape ....they are nice machine.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Hey everyone.

I have a 1998 Mach 1 700 triple that will need complete engine service, from crank all the way up. Not electric start and no reverse. Engine parts are getting scarce where I am so I am looking for options before I consider parting it out.
Can someone tell me what other engines could be a swap option into the CK3 chassis? Thanks

Paul
Parts may be scarce where you live but there are still a lot of parts available for your sled or engine via the net. I would send the crankshaft out for rebuilding anyway and if you need other parts come back on here and we'll all be willing to help you any way we can. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable folks from north of the border perhaps closer to you who will jump at the chance to help you as we all will.

I'd be inclined to keep the engine you have and rebuild it. These engine swaps often lead to a lot of misfits including electronics, engine mounting, clutch alignment,exhaust fitment, carb air filters or boxes etc. just to name a few. If you think finding parts for your sled are hard to find wait until you try mating things together which weren't meant to be.

Now, shave your Belly Button and get to work. Doesn't that tickle?

Lynn

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
One other word of advice. Don't buy parts for a 1997 700 engine. They are different due to the chassis being different. F chassis to CK 3 chassis. Mainly the engine crankcase and the crankshaft.

Lynn

No offense to anyone here but you might want to ask questions on the triples forum thread.

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/forum/45-mach-z-mach-1-formula-iii-triples/

Reactions: Fuzzy Navel
1 - 7 of 7 Posts