Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 1998 mach 1 700 with 4000 miles on the body and i was told it had 3000 miles on the engine. I bought it from the origional owner for 600 bucks because he was honest and said he had been starting it every other month since last winter and it always has ran. He went to start it and would not start. I went and looked at it and there was a big mouse nest under the pipes and all around the engine. I cleaned it out and cant see any chewed wires. When i pull it over the headlight gets bright but no spark. Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
I just picked up a 1998 mach 1 700 with 4000 miles on the body and i was told it had 3000 miles on the engine. I bought it from the origional owner for 600 bucks because he was honest and said he had been starting it every other month since last winter and it always has ran. He went to start it and would not start. I went and looked at it and there was a big mouse nest under the pipes and all around the engine. I cleaned it out and cant see any chewed wires. When i pull it over the headlight gets bright but no spark. Any ideas would be helpful.
The 1998 CK3 chassis sleds were an electrical nightmare. Theres a 23 page bulletin on harness inspection, re routing and related items. Most no spark issues with those sleds could be traced to harness chafing under the motor.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
The 1998 CK3 chassis sleds were an electrical nightmare. Theres a 23 page bulletin on harness inspection, re routing and related items. Most no spark issues with those sleds could be traced to harness chafing under the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts