Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
mech_head6 said:
heres my project sled that i bought for 800$
at haydays in sept of this year i have more pics if youd like...

[snapback]273183[/snapback]​
Can only see the picture under your name. Looks good. Is that the ARC suspension? How do you like it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
"Looks good. Is that the ARC suspension? How do you like it?"

i think i fixed the pictures, yes it is the ARC suspension also called the ARM, i haven't really put on many miles but i think it is awesome so far.

·
Registered
882 Posts
that arc skid will give you nice ride ...sporty w/ a touch of comfiy feel.
its not as harsh as the mxz skids . will make those long trail rides nice .

how high is your winshield ? my wifes formula has a low(12") one on it . she wants one a bit higher , but i havent found a med ht tined for it . is that a cobra winshield ?

nice ride its good to see the older ones all spruced up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my dad and i did tons of cleaning, fixed the suspension, painted the exhaust, cleaned the clutches, and tons of other little things.

It is a cobra widsheild, we got 2 a haydays, paid 35 each for them they are the low, i also put in a small riser, so the bars look a little higher in the pic.

We ended up selling my 97 440f for about as much as we have into the Z, so that was nice..

This is after about an hours worth of hard cleaning

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry bout not bein able to post pics, it was cheap because it sat outside for awhile, and because the guy got it from a guy who wouldnt pay him for landscape work, and he was half drunk...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like a form z with a mxz hood on it, am I right??? I think the ARM suspension also supports my therory. What a deal though!

·
Registered
120 Posts
yes you are correct it is a 99 mxz 500 hood "sleeper" I dont think the guy regrets getting rid of the "f%cking pos ski-doo" but we were going to pay him more when we picked up the registration, windshield, and bar cover, but he never replied to any messages or met when we scheduled so... He was a hard-core polaris man and also was selling an arctic cat from the same guy, there was a hole in the hood from where he had kicked it after trying to get it started

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tell me if those pictures work, every time i load new ones the old ones appear for me so i don't know...

I will try to get more pics soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts