Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought a 1998 formula III 700 sled. I was wondering what chasis it is on. I have not seen it yet, and by what he describes to me it sounds like a ck3 chasis, but I know nothing about these sleds, are they a good trail sled? Is there anything to look out for on them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
jh1498 said:
My brother just bought a 1998 formula III 700 sled. I was wondering what chasis it is on. I have not seen it yet, and by what he describes to me it sounds like a ck3 chasis, but I know nothing about these sleds, are they a good trail sled? Is there anything to look out for on them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[snapback]699338[/snapback]​
ttt

·
Registered
130 Posts
check the motor for bad seals as the pto seal goes bad and that side of the motor runs lean. Takes out the crank as there isn't enough oil going to that side unless the engine has been torn down and the oiling hole has been drilled as per ski doo bulletin.

awesome sled tho. Mine went 8k miles before my crank went out but I know guys that have had it happen in 3k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts