Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the wiring diagrams for my 1997 Skandic WT 500F, and I cannot see how the battery is being charged while the engine is running. One large positive cable goes from the battery to the starter, one large negative cable goes from the battery to the chassis ground, and one red/grn wire goes from the key switch to engage the starter solenoid. I think I may be missing another wire to charge the battery. Any help would be appreciated. I think someone may have worked on this wiring before.

·
7,757 Posts
I have been looking at the wiring diagrams for my 1997 Skandic WT 500F, and I cannot see how the battery is being charged while the engine is running. One large positive cable goes from the battery to the starter, one large negative cable goes from the battery to the chassis ground, and one red/grn wire goes from the key switch to engage the starter solenoid. I think I may be missing another wire to charge the battery. Any help would be appreciated. I think someone may have worked on this wiring before.
The colors are escaping me right now, but generally there is a wire from the magneto to the rectifier and then to the battery which charges it. If you don't figure it out soon, I can get you a copy of the wiring diagram for a newer year, but the same basic principles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at a skandic 500 wiring diagram, not the skandic 500 WT wiring diagram. The electric start was optional on that model. On the proper diagram, it shows a red/green wire from the key switch to the solenoid to turn on the starter, and a red wire with a 20 amp fuse from the voltage regulator to the battery to maintain the charge. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts