Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 formula 500.

Starts and idles perfect, really pulls hard at WOT.

But when running at 5 to 6000 rpm range has a condition which seems like its misfiring or fluttering.

Carbs are clean and look like brand new.

new plugs, wire ends.

Also tried another coil but with no change.

problem seemed only barely noticeable at first but has gotten worse over the last 150 miles.

Any ideas of what to check next????

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Try the solid top spark plugs.

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Try a set of BR9EYA plugs.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a 1997 Formula 500 Deluxe with 7,500 miles. I experienced similar problems around 3,500 miles. Eventually it scored the pistons and had to be rebuild. Seems there was a lean condition at midrange. The guy who rebuilt it told me there was a SkiDoo bulletin about it. It required a jetting change (maybe nozzles too) to the carbs. He also did that. No problems since. I do not know what the changes were, but there was a bulletin about it. I do not think it is proper or fair to the sponsors to advertise his business on this site. Any qualified SkiDoo dealer should be able to provide you with the information. Damage may already be detrimental to your engine. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.