Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
You have a leak somewheres to fix and secondly the last time you put coolant in it might have not circulated throughtout the entire system due to no pressure. I have seen holes in rear tunnel cooler hoses and very little coolant lost due to no pressure in the system. Hopefully it is just a hose for you and not a cooler.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
check the lower hose connection to the waterpump, best to pull the pipes off , fill the system and maybe by squeezing the hose you can see the leak?? its either a hose or hose connection or the waterpump housing itself is leaking but i doubt that.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
try pressurizing the system with an air hose only need 16-18 pounds as the system works on 13-14 pounds. take the cap off the bottle and just stick a nozzle in the hole with a rag wrapped around it and listen for air hissing no it's not the proper way to do it but it's a cheap and easy way to do it. Are You seeing any coolant inside the motor compartment? maybe it's a bad cap or one of the o rings in the head is leaking and Your burning all the coolant off

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Can you locate where the leaking is coming from?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My water pump never leaked, sled never got hot, but the front, same area as yours, was hit. A mess of fresh black sooty oil and some coked up mess right with it. I ended up rebuilding the area and sealing it all up good. The bearings were shot, it was a matter of time before it became catastrophic. Worth a look, and yes I thin it's worth fixing. Not many around that even look decent so if you got that goin for ya...

·
Registered
82 Posts
A leaking gasket can pressurize the cooling system and disrupt flow causing overheat.It will also leak coolant into the cylinder.Pull the head and look.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
To Me it looks like Your seals in Your water pump are shot. and You got coolant scavenging threw the mag side of the motor. You'll get that oily mess because the coolant is dragging the oil out with it, the smoke Your seeing is the coolant burning off, notice how Your only seeing it in the mag pipe. You'll have to pull the motor take the mag housing off so You can take the impeller shaft off, I will almost guarantee the bearings are shot too. Go to your local bearing and seal shop as the parts from the dealer will cost about $100 a bearing and seal shop will charge $30-40. Not hard to fix but if you never done it before probably take you 8-10 hours,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts