Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy put new light bulbs in his 583 and it blows them right away. What would be the issue here any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
635 Posts
Voltage regulator will most likely need to be replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. Another question. He just put new seats and needles in the carbs and got it running good. But it idles at 4000 rpm and bogs when he tries to hold her wide open

·
Mr Top Whore
103,067 Posts
Make sure the float height was set proper after he put the new needle and seat in. He may have bent the tab and now letting too much fuel in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can I get a voltage regulator for it? Looking on denniskirk.com and they don't list one for it. They have my 700 listed but not his 583

·
Registered
635 Posts
Check on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Word of advice, stay away from aftermarket regulators. A while back I had the same issue with a Polaris super sport. I bought an aftermarket regulator for about 60% of the cost of a new one. Put it on and the bulbs still blew. Looked for a short somewhere, couldn't find anything. talked to the dealer I got it from and he got me another aftermarket one for at no cost. Did the same thing. After looking at every wire and finding no problems, talked to the dealer again and suggested an oem unit. I got that one on and it worked perfect. That was 7 or 8 years ago and it is still working great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts