Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a different track on my snowmobile and it seems i put this new used one on and now i can tell i have lost power. Anyone have any advise? There is 1 inch of slack in the center of my rails to my track if i put my arm weight on it. Any Advice would be awesome!

·
2nd Whore in command
102,129 Posts
What size lug did you have and what size did you go with? Are you sure your track alignment is set evenly? Are all your wheel bearings in good shape, wheels are moving freely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everything moves very free and i did put the same lug track back on and i found out that when my sled idles it ticks well that was my primary clutch the bearing going into the motor is falling out. Thinking this may cause compression leak. will test later this afternoon. Any other good ideas?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
It sounds like you are saying the crankshaft bearing on the clutch side is failing. If that is the case it will cause all sorts of performance problems for you which end with your engine dying is some way. Regarding your track, how did you measure the tension and alignment when you put it on?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got the rear of the sled in the air and pushed down in the center of the track with my hand and measure from rail to track which was 1 inch.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
got the rear of the sled in the air and pushed down in the center of the track with my hand and measure from rail to track which was 1 inch.
You've got to do it the right way or it could cost you a few bucks in melted hyfax and time, not to mention performance. Trust me, I know. There are other threads on here for track tension but I shoot for about 1.5" of space between the bottom of hyfax and track clip surface with 15# of pull. I usually measure several inches behind the outer front idler wheels. Digital fish scale to measure pull and I use a big socket that measures 1.5" tall as my reference. After you get tension correct you deal with alignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts