Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info on this model. What are the differences between e and Le models? What kind of clutch is this one called? And how do I disassemble and inspect it? Any online manuals or part diagrams? Can't seem to find much for this year and model. Thanks. Not sure which model I have.

This model can have a starter bolted on, and reverse installed apparently as well. And where to look up vin #

·
Registered
659 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Hmm, I think LT was long track and S for short track.

SLE would not make sense if L was long track.

SLE = Short Track, Luxury, Electric Start. Luxury package would include: Hand Warmers, Speedo and Tach, and on some models, electric fuel gauge.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hmm, I think LT was long track and S for short track.

SLE would not make sense if L was long track.

SLE = Short Track, Luxury, Electric Start. Luxury package would include: Hand Warmers, Speedo and Tach, and on some models, electric fuel gauge.
You're right - I was sort of guessing on what the terms mean ....

Like the "S" in SLE - I think it means "Super Duper" fast because it has the 503 engine not the 380 ;)

It is interesting from the Vin breakdown the "E" was only available in Canada. So makes sense the "L" could mean Luxury in the rest of the world
As far as tracks in 1995-
"E" Part # 570207100 - 121 inch
"LE" and "SLE" Part # - 570207900 - 136 inch

In 1996, they actually did add the "E/LT" as another model with a 136 track

Attachments

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
My 1996 Touring E has the 136", purchased in Alaska, but considering the gauge has Km's as the primary, I believe it was meant to be sold in Canada.

And who knows, the actual meaning of the SLE letters could be french words. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts