Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 95 Mach Z and we want to put electric start on it. Was ES an option for that year, or will another year retrofit the 780 and chassis? If so, does anyone have a complete salvaged unit they want to sell? The keyswitch actually has a "start" position on it, but of course the same switch is used in other models I suspect. Thanks so much for your tips!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was always told that the mach's in 95-96 were not available with ES because the motor is mounted so low in the frame there is no room for the starter. I could not find any starter of reference to it on the HLSM microfiches. I'm sure there is a way to put one in though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
MachJeff said:
I was always told that the mach's in 95-96 were not available with ES because the motor is mounted so low in the frame there is no room for the starter. I could not find any starter of reference to it on the HLSM microfiches. I'm sure there is a way to put one in though.
[snapback]308036[/snapback]​
My 95 manual says es was an option on the mach z, But not on the mach 1.
It could be wrong but thats what it says.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It was offered on the '95 Mach Z but I don't think it is available anymore. If you can find one at the dealer parts counter it will be obscenely expensive.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, just wanted to pass this on to any other guys who want to try Electric Start on an old 95 780 Mach Z. Talked to very experienced dealer and mechanic and they said "yes" this is possible but very difficult. Very labor intensive. Estimated 10 hours or so. He said cost of starter and installation would be around $1200 (U.S.) So it is not cost effective to install. I will abandon the idea. Thanks to the guys who responded to the initial question!!! You were all correct!! It could have been ordered as an option, but installation should have been done at the time the sled was built and not after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts